The next Evolution of SCM-Manager Universe
Over the last couple of months we were working on the next evolution of SCM-Manager Universe – the Cloudogu EcoSystem (CES). Lately we started to mention Cloudogu in a few blog posts of ours, because at some point the CES will replace SCM-Manager Universe. That means, starting now, our communication and development efforts will shift towards the Cloudogu EcoSystem. But don’t worry; we will always keep you posted about upcoming changes.
If you are using SCM-Manager Universe, feel free to continue to do so. Running instances of the virtual appliance will not be affected by this change. However, we suggest to take a close look at the Cloudogu EcoSystem, because it provides the same functionality, at the very least and it is set up for further development.
The Cloudogu EcoSystem is a Docker based software development environment that allows you to develop software exactly the way you want to.
It provides the same functionality as SCM-Manager Universe, like central user management, SingleSignOn and all the applications along your software development process like SCM-Manager, Jenkins, SonarQube, Redmine and Sonatype Nexus. Above that, Cloudogu comes with several new features and lots of opportunities.
The difference between both system lies in the architecture. Unlike SCM-Manager Universe, which was one big Ubuntu-based virtual machine, Cloudogu consists of several Docker containers, so called Dõgus.
Since this is a pretty substantial change, we decided that an upgrade for SCM-Manager Universe would not be enough, a whole new product is appropriate.
With kind regards,
Your SCM-Manager Universe / Cloudogu Team
List of Changes:
- 30.06.2017: The SCM-Manager Facebook site is no longer available
- 29.08.2017: Major Website reconstruction
- SCM-Manager Universe download no longer available
- Support offer for SCM-Manager temporarily down - please contact us via the contact form if you are interested in professional support
- Website's content is reduced to migration related information
- 04.09.2017: The former SCM-Manager Twitter account is now named Cloudogu
- 06.09.2017: We renamed our Google+ account and the Google+ community to Cloudogu